Monday, April 1, 2013

Practice

I've always been interested in meditation -- typical of me, I read books about it, go on retreats to learn about it, create altars and cool spaces, and never actually do it.  So as part of my attempt to get out of this cloud, I made a promise to myself:  I will sit for 10 minutes every day, morning and evening.  Nothing big or grand, just sit.  I'm announcing this to the world because I feel sort of embarrassed about it (why?).  I don't have a goal or anything, I'm just sitting. Three days so far, of just sitting.  I can't tell if anything is happening, but I'm going to keep sitting for a while now.

3 comments:

  1. I just now discovered your blog through Mind Over Matter. I, too, am a teacher and your words about the influence a teacher can have on a student resonated with me. So does your idea of just sitting for a few minutes every day....baby steps are always my favored way to begin a new venture. I'll be looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Charmaine! I love connecting with other teachers.

    ReplyDelete