Thursday, June 28, 2018

day 4 of my retreat

I am sitting here in my cosy little cabin in Woodstock, Vermont.  I am so happy here.  I brought tons of books and paper and notebooks and I've been eating good food and just being by myself.  The silence (and the sound of the brook outside) is healing me.  (OK, I also did binge watch Law and Order: SVU for a while, but I think I got that out of my system.)


It's raining today and I've been working on going through all the crazy notes I wrote to myself at the end of the school year that seemed important at the time but are kind of like those things you write in the middle of the night when you get a great idea.  Very few of them are actually rational things I might actually do.  Still it's kind of fun seeing what was going on in my mind just a week or so ago.  At the end of this year I realized how exhausted I was from teaching and I'm starting to think that I'm getting too old for this.  Not in a bad way, just wondering what the next thing is going to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment